#2ndaryELA Twitter Chat on Tuesday 10/13 Topic: Technology in the ELA ClassroomOctober 11, 2015
Brynn Allison, The Literary Maven & Kristy, 2 Peas and a Dog are hosting #2ndaryELA on Twitter every Tuesday evening from 8 - 9 PM EST. #2ndaryELA is a weekly chat for secondary English Language Arts teachers focused on a topic. Every Sunday, we will post the topic and questions on our blogs to allow you to prepare for the upcoming Tuesday evening's chat. Thank you to everyone who joined us last week and we hope that you will join us again.
On Tuesday, October 13, our #2ndaryELA chat will focus on technology in the ELA classroom.
8:00 Intros: What and where do you teach? Include a link to your blog if you have one. #2ndaryELA8:05 Q1: What technology do you have in your classroom? What technology is available in your school to sign out? #2ndaryELA
8:15 Q2: How do you integrate technology in the ELA classroom? Provide examples if possible. #2ndaryELA
8:25 Q3: What are you favorite assignments to give your students involving technology? #2ndaryELA
8:35 Q4: Does your school use BYOD (Bring Your Own Device)? What types of devices do students bring to class? What do they use them for? #2ndaryELA
8:45 Q5: Share a resource for using technology in the classroom that has helped you grow in your teaching practice. #2ndaryELA
1. Log into Twitter on Tuesday from 8-9 PM EST.
2. Search for tweets with the hashtag #2ndaryELA in the search bar. Make sure to click “All tweets.”
3. Introductions are for the first 5 minutes.
4. Starting at 8:05 (@literarymaven or @2peasandadog) will post questions every 10 minutes using the format Q1, Q2, Q3, etc. and the hashtag #2ndaryELA.
5. Respond to questions using the format A1, A2, A3, etc. with #2ndaryELA.
6. Follow any teachers responding and who are also using #2ndaryELA.
7. Like and respond to other teachers' tweets.
You can schedule your responses to the questions ahead of time using a scheduler like TweetDeck or HootSuite (but don't forget to use A1, A2, etc. and #2ndaryELA). Links are encouraged, so be sure to use a link shortener like tinyurl, bitly, goo.gl or ow.ly Just visit one of those links and paste your long link to shorten it for Twitter. Using images is also encouraged when relevant.
New to chats? Here are the rules:
1. Stay on topic & stay positive!
2. Please do not post or promote paid products unless specifically asked.
3. If you arrive late, try to look through other posts before beginning.
4. Feel free to just read, like, and/or retweet.
5. Always use our hashtag #2ndaryELA, including in your replies to others.
6. Make sure your twitter feed is set to public. (Also keep in mind that Twitter is completely public – that means students, parents, and administrators can and will read what you tweet.)
Be sure to spread the word to any teacher friends who might be interested in joining us as well. We look forward to chatting with you Tuesday evening!
Get caught up on past chats here: